Do you enjoy how comfortable it is to watch your favorite TV or movie lounging in your favorite microfiber couch? Microfiber couch is always nice to look and sit on when they are brand new. It smells clean and new that two hours of a full movie would be a good way to spend your free time for relaxation. However, as time goes by, you will need to clean it. There may be times that vacuuming or picking up the popcorn and chip remnants is enough. These cleaning methods would not suffice after two weeks of sitting on it, right? Read on and find out about how to clean microfiber couch.
Look for the tag and the receipt when you bought the couch. Most of the time, care instructions are provided at the back of the tag of products you purchase. Examine your receipt on any indication of free cleaning services for the couch. This will save you money, time and effort in cleaning the microfiber material of the couch. If there is none, then look for the contact number of the sales agent or manufacturer, and ask them for the specific make of the sofa. There are microfiber materials that are not friendly with home-made cleaning materials and other cleaning chemicals that you may use on it.
Research about the material of your couch. When you get hold of the specific fabric that was used on your couch, look and browse for related information about it. This way, you can be sure that you will be cleaning the couch and prevent damaging it in the process.
Prepare to clean the couch. When you have determined the material and special instructions concerning cleaning and maintenance then you can begin to prepare the cleaning materials that you will use. Unless the agent or manufacturer indicated that couch should not be washed or cleaned at home, proceed with caution. You will need the following cleaning materials:
- Vaccum with the soft brush attachment
- Gentle liquid soap (such as those recommended for newborn babies)
- Clean white terry cloth or sponge
- Cold water
- Hair Dryer
- Soft-bristle brush
The Cleaning Process:
- Vacuum the couch carefully using the soft brush attachment to remove any dirt or food debris that may have fallen. Pay particular attention to the corners of the couch.
- Put a few drops of the gentle liquid soap into the cold water and mix well.
- Soak the white terry cloth or sponge in the mixture and wring it thoroughly, removing excess water. Avoid using colored terry cloth in this process as the dye in color fabrics may transfer to the couch, totally ruining your microfiber couch. In addition, by using a white terry cloth, you will be able to determine if the microfiber dye will break down. You will notice this when the part of the terry cloth that touches the couch turns into the same color as the couch.
- Sample the cleaning process in an inconspicuous area of the couch like the back or the side. This is to make sure that the solution will not damage the fabric. When the damp part of the terry cloth changed in color, you should not proceed. This is the time that you stop and consult a professional cleaner in doing the job for you. However, when this doesn’t happen, then you can proceed to do the rest of the couch.
- Right after finishing a spot, use the blow dryer in its lowest setting. Upon drying, brush with the soft-bristle brush.
Though you may find information over the internet about the possible ways of cleaning a microfiber couch, it is still safe to check first. The cost of hiring a professional to clean your microfiber couch is cheaper than buying a new one.
Do you like homes with carpets lain so effortlessly on the floor of the receiving area? Do you enjoy positive remarks of friends about how spotless your carpet is? Such admirations are worth the effort you did two or three days ago cleaning the carpet, right?
Having a carpet in the center of the living room provides beauty and warmth in the overall design of your home. Your choice of carpet 2015 exudes your personality and your love for style and comfort. The carpet in the children’s play room muffles the sound of all those running and tumbling. It also helps to ensure that minor slips and falls are cushioned by the presence of the carpet. However, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of the carpet is downright challenging, right? Perhaps you have purchased a number of commercial carpet shampooers to no avail.
To help you select the right unit here is the best carpet cleaner 2015 guide.
You may have used all kinds of commercialized carpet cleaners in your steam cleaner. But did you know that you can make a home made steam cleaner solution that is both effective and environmentally-friendly? You can use this solution in your carpet cleaner as well.
Did you try reading the ingredients of commercially available cleaning solutions? Did it make sense? Many of the ingredients listed at the back of those solutions are too technical for lay people to understand. Some may not be readily available for you, should you choose to make one yourself. However, these homemade ingredients for making the cleaning solution are readily available in your kitchen and first aid kit. These are:
- Hot water
- Liquid Dishwashing Soap
- White Vinegar
- 3 percent Hydrogen Peroxide
Steps in making the Cleaning Solution:
- Fill the steam cleaner’s water reserve with about 1 gallon of hot water. Try to use water that is as hot, but not boiling, as you can possibly get.
- Add one tablespoon of liquid dishwashing soap. Do not add more than the required amount of the liquid soap to prevent the water from overflowing with bubbles.
- Add one and a half tablespoon white vinegar, then 1 ¼ cup of the hydrogen peroxide.
- Use the steam cleaner as you normally do.
- Rinse with hot water if necessary.
Hot water in the solution will help to dissolve the different ingredients. In addition, your cleaner uses steam to clean. You don’t have to wait for a long time before the steam cleaner reaches boiling point in order to clean your carpet.
The liquid dishwashing soap will take care of any nasty scent and soap-removable stains and dirt. The vinegar, because of its acidity level will ensure that molds and bacteria are killed during the process of cleaning. The role of the hydrogen peroxide will be to bleach the carpet. It does not contain chemicals that will break down your carpet dye, unlike commercially available cleaning solutions. This is why this home-made cleaning is ideal, especially if you have younger kids at home who seem to constantly stain the carpet.
It is quite amazing to know that your kitchen and first aid kit supplies contain the cleaning ingredients you need for attaining an environment-friendly cleaning solution. You are assured that your cleaning ingredients will not damage your carpet as well as achieve a spotless clean rug.
Keeping the carpets in your home clean may be more important than you think. It is not just about the sight and the smell, they will affect your well being and health.
If you have carpets in your home you will know that they have a tendency to get dirty. They will literally suck up all the dirt in the home, and store it in the fibers of the carpet. And that is tougher to get out than you think. You can use a vacuum cleaner, but this will only remove dust. You can use a stain remover, but this will only remove the stain.
How does a dirty carpet affect you?
This is something that not many people know, but a dirty carpet has a negative effect on the health of everybody in the home, especially so on the young children since they are more vulnerable.
A dirty carpet can pollute the air in your home and cause problems like: headache, sinus, cough, tiredness and running eyes.
The carpet can trap not only dirt and grime but also mold, which can be especially harmful to your health.
This is the reason why it is so important that you clean your carpets regularly.
How do you clean the carpets?
So what is the best way to clean your carpets? Now you could use a cleaning spray on your spots, and that is fine, the spot will be removed for the naked eye. But it is still there in the fibers. And it may still be causing health issues.
What you need to do to really get rid of every trace is to deep clean the carpet. By using hot water and a cleaning solution, you can extract all the grime from the fibers of the carpet and make it really clean.
So how do you maintain the luster of your carpet and at the same time keep it clean at all times? The best way is to purchase a carpet shampooer and cleaner. If you just rent a cleaner every time you have a problem you will probably not be able to clean your carpets often enough to keep them at optimum level.
By buying you own you can bring it out every time you need it and also when you feel you need to give the carpet an nice make over. This way your carpet will last longer and you can breathe better air all the time.
There are good options available for only a little over a hundred bucks, and they clean efficiently. If you have difficult stains on a regular basis you can instead purchase a high end carpet shampooer that is extremely effective at removing stains from the carpet.
People love carpets in their houses, and it really does look great. And it is also great to walk on, soft against your feet as you paddle along. So what are the downsides to having a carpet in your home?
Well, they get dirty. Even if you use a vacuum cleaner to clean the carpet it will still get dirty in time. There will be dirt and grime ingrained in the fibers and it may develop a musty smell that will drive your visitors away faster than you would wish.
The dirt will also spread pollutants in your rooms that can lead to health issues for you and your family. Having clean carpets is really important for the quality of air in your home.
What is the best way to remove the stains?
This depends on what kind of stains you have on your carpet. Some stains are water soluble and you can get rid of them quite fast, while other are tougher.
Using a vacuum will only remove the dust on the surface and not the dirt underneath.
A great way to remove the stains is to use a carpet shampooer. They will really clean the carpet to the core removing all and any stains. Another positive effect of this is that the carpet shampooer can deodorize the carpet making it smell better.
This is especially good if you have kids or pets, since they have a habit of making a carpet dirty quick. Getting rid of your pets urine can also be tricky. Getting rid of the liquid is of course no problem, but what about the smell that gets ingrained in the carpet.
This is another instance when it is great to have a carpet cleaner or shampooer that can deep clean the carpet to remove all the remnants of the pollutant.
What is the top carpet shampooer for you?
What you need depends. Do you have a large carpet or a small one? Do you have kids? Do you have pets? Do you have tough stains?
There is a carpet shampooer available for every need, and they are not very expensive anymore. That makes it so that there is no need today anymore to go and rent a carpet shampooer., it is just so much more cheap in the long run to go and buy a carpet cleaner that you can use every time that you have an issue on your carpet.
When you clean your carpet daily with this unit you will also make sure that your carpet gets well maintained and that it will keep its fresh look for a long time and not just a couple of years.
So before you go out and buy a carpet shampooer, think about your specific need and how much you are willing to budget on keeping you carpet clean and fresh.
There are also some carpet shampooers that can clean regular floors, which can be good to keep in mind should you have that need also. Some units can also clean stair carpets and upholstery.
Is might sound clichéd when we say dogs are a man’s friend. You might love your best friend dearly, but, there is no way you are going to say that you are ready to live with the odor your best friend has left on your expensive carpets! Inasmuch as you are fond of your pet, you will no doubt cringe with embarrassment when visitors to your home snort with disapproval at your smelly carpets.
There is no need to worry now in 2015 either. There are ways to keep a pet at home and have odor-free carpets too. We do not live in an age where our dogs are going to stay outside our house, bark at strangers and are never allowed to walk freely inside the house. These days, we like to cuddle them, have them by our side while watching TV, allow them on our beds, and take them out on long trips and sometimes to our favorite eating joints too. All this will undoubtedly lead to most of our furnishings, carrying the distinct odor of our best friend! At the same time, there is no way you will let the odor linger in your home if you are also keen on enjoying the company of human visitors to your home.
- Dog smell might hurt your nose badly, but, making your carpet totally stench-free is by no means a mountain to climb! At the outset, collect all the cleaning supplies you have at home before embarking on the task of eliminating the odor. There are many pet odor removers sold at pet supply stores, but, generally speaking, home remedies also do a good job of removing the stink. Also, there is no harm in trying the cleaning agents that you normally use for cleaning your couches and cushions either.
- Make your own cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water. If there is any urine smell in the carpet, vinegar helps to get rid of the ammonia smell of urine without fading the carpet fibers. Sprinkle the solution on the carpet so that the solution reaches the lower fibers also. Leave it for some time to act on the urine smell and then soak up the solution using paper towels.
- It will be several hours before the carpet is fully dry. Next, sprinkle baking soda generously all over the carpet and spread the soda evenly using a cleaning brush. Leave it that way overnight so that the baking soda absorbs the odor completely.
- Next morning, vacuum the carpet thoroughly so that all traces of the baking soda are removed. This process helps to remove the dog smell to a large extent, but, if you are not happy, you may hire a carpet cleaning machine for the task. Or better still, you may summon a professional cleaning company to carry out an efficient dog smell removal work and make your carpet look as good as new.
Lastly, if you want to try a perfumed product to neutralize the dog smell, please make sure that it is non-toxic to your pet. All products that are safe for us may not be so for the pets. Some air fresheners, scented oils or plug-in odor removers can be harmful to your pet’s health. We live in an advanced age in 2015. Hence, if you are in doubt about how to get dog smell out of carpet, it is always safe to follow tried and tested methods!